Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 5 - Friday. The End?

So yet again 3:33a I wake up with gas pains. Those horrible gas pains. Then I know I am still not cleansed. Those pains were not around the first time I did this cleanse nor the second. Oh well...I had to come to the conclusion that this was a part of the process and that I had clearly effed up my internal workings with a year of crap (aka cheesesteaks and cheese fries).

I give in and wake up.

I chug the SWF mix and now wait. It doesn't take long as per usual before it all comes flushing out of my system. At this point, I am used to it.

I had felt pretty okay on Thursday so I decided that I needed to pack a bag and go to the gym after work. I go through the day and people at work as me when I'll be stopping. I tell them that I'll probably stop later that night. Honestly I only considered stopping because I wanted to drink wine.

The day goes on and I drink my drink and I leave work early with my gym bag in tow hoping that I will stick to the plan.

Not long after I have left work I receive a text asking if I'd like to get a drink. I, of course, do. I immediately feel conflicted however. I'm not ready to stop the cleanse on Day 5. I knew I could hold out a little longer. I needed an intervention. I reached out to 'Ya-Ya' who told me to keep it sober and keep cleansing because I clearly did not want to stop.

I made it to the gym. SUCCESS! And I made it home with no wine and no drink in my mind. I head home, shower and knit. I drink my tea and chat with 'Ya.'

Sleep calls at 11pm and I wait to see.

I'm not sure why I am so terribly torn about the cleanse. I want to continue but it there's a part of me that likes the challenge and wants to see what will happen next. My body hasn't really changed. There is certainly less bloat apparent. It seems that my stomach is shrinking but that may be all in my head. It just feels nice not to be bloated or gassy all day. I think that's what I am afraid of. I'm afraid of if I start eating will those gross feelings instantly return. It's a horrible prospect. Not to mention, I really want to see if I can go a full 7 days.

As I enter Day 6, there is something clear that happened. 3:33a came and went and no gas pains.

Enter Day 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment